Emilia-Romagna Wine Dinner May 25, 2016
La Vita é Bella would like to invite you to join us for the Emilia-Romagna Wine Dinner on May 25, 2016. The evening includes a delectable four course dinner with wine pairings for $100 per person.
Wednesday, May 25 at 6:30pm
$100 per person
The menu for the evening is as follows
- Prosciutto parma, mortadella, salumi, parmigiano reggiano
- Lasagna alla Bolognese, bison ragu, tomato sauce
- Beef tenderloin, 10 year balsamic vinegar, basil/onion mashed
- Dark chocolate semifreddo popsicle
The featured wine pairings are as follows
- 2014 Umberto Cesari IOVE Chardonnay/Pinot Grigio
- 2012 Umberto Cesari Sangiovese Riserva
- 2012 Umberto Cesari LIANO Sangiovese/Cabernet Sauvignon
- Amaro Montenegro Cocktail
More about Emilia-Romanga
On the northern peninsula of Italy lies Emilia-Romagna, a sprawling area that, as the name suggests, was once two distinct regions. Emilia’s best-known wine is Lambrusco, the much-misunderstood delicate bubbly red whose best examples are seldom found abroad.
The frothy style of Lambrusco is popular in Emilia and reflected in other wines throughout the region. Contrastingly, Romagna DOC’s best wines are largely based on the red Sangiovese grape. Earlier examples were relatively light but modern versions have great depth and flavour and are capable of ageing majestically.
Make your reservation online now or call us at (403) 264-6046 to book your table